Reason Why People Choose IELTS
The test that sets the standard – IELTS is designed by world leaders in language assessment and test delivery to provide a reliable and consistent measure of English language proficiency.
|Academic & General
Accepted for study, professional registration and migration – IELTS is accepted for study and employment all over the world. It is also accepted for migration by governments in more countries than any other high-stakes English language test. By preparing for just one language test you will gain access to the widest range of opportunities.
International recognition – IELTS is accepted by over 8000 organizations in over 135 countries worldwide, including universities, employers, professional bodies and immigration authorities.
Organizations that request IELTS results include:
- Over 290 universities and colleges in Canada
- All universities and the vast majority of training colleges and tertiary institutions in other English speaking countries
- More than 3000 higher educational institutions and programmes in the US
- Immigration authorities in Canada and other English speaking countries
- Professional registration bodies covering areas such as accounting, engineering, teaching, law, medicine and nursing
- A wide range of employers from sectors such as banking and finance, government, construction, energy and natural resources, aviation, health and tourism
- Universities in non-English speaking countries where English is a language of instruction
Culturally fair - Each IELTS question can take up to two years to develop to ensure it is accessible and fair for test takers of all backgrounds. Every question is trialled extensively to ensure it does not assume prior knowledge about a specific country, culture or academic subject. IELTS accepts American, British and Australian English and uses a variety of accents in the Listening component for a more comprehensive test approach.
People focused - IELTS uses highly trained examiners to assess performance in the Speaking test. Research shows that this approach to speaking assessment is more authentic than other methods and also gives test takers the best opportunity to fully demonstrate their English language skills.
Widely available – IELTS is one of the most widely available English language tests in the world with over 900 test locations in more than 130 countries worldwide, making it more easily accessible for your clients.
Frequent test dates – IELTS is available up to 48 times per year, on Saturdays and Thursdays.
Fast results – results are ready in 13 calendar days.
Stringent security – IELTS takes a multi-layered approach to security which is trusted by organizations and protects the integrity of your clients’ results. Measures include secure biometric systems and high resolution photography of each test taker on registration. A comprehensive test centre audit scheme is also in place.
If you are an immigration consultant, lawyer, education agent or in a profession helping people immigrate throughout the world download this IELTS brochure to help your clients make the right choice for their future.
For IELTS enquiries please email ielts(at)geoscalgary.com, visit in-person Monday to Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, or call 403-266-5152.
IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP IELTS: Australia and Cambridge Language Assessment.